Monday, October 20, 2008

Fresh Films

Let's face it--I have little to no life.

I'm addicted to Netflix. I see on average a flick a week at the theaters. Once I watched five episodes of The Wire in a row.

Lately I find I'm so busy that it's hard to summon up the drive to do anything requiring energy or high heels. But my inertia = your gain. MOVIE REVIEW TIME!

In theaters now:

W.
Starring Josh Brolin and Elizabeth Banks.
    Too long. Interesting for the few snippets of new (mis?)information the film provides--par exemple, who knew Laura Bush was kinda sassy and (gasp) Democratic when she was young? Otherwise, plays out like a long episode of SNL featuring much less talented impersonators than Darrell Hammond.


Appaloosa. Starring Ed Harris, Viggo Mortensen, Renee Zellweger.
    This movie was pretty badass. Solid character study, set in the mountains out West. Yeah, I know what you're thinking--you've seen this before, like 10 times. But it's a fresh plot, 's got some great acting, and Viggo is at his best!


This isn't even, like, a tenth of what I've seen in the past 3 weeks. More to come.

No comments: